HK MP5 Operator Course
Added to our curriculum for 2014 is the HK MP5 Operator Course. This course will be taught using the famous HK MP5 , the world standard for submachine guns. Tactical Firearms Academy will supply the MP5s for use which is included in the course cost. During this 9 hour block of instruction students will be taught:
• General Handling Skills: Field strip and reassemble, loading and unloading procedures both right and left handed, stoppage clearance both right and left hand.
• Shooting Position Techniques: Standing, low and high kneeling and prone.
• Transition Techniques: Muzzle up, muzzle down and cross dominant transition techniques, both right and left handed.
• Auto-fire Trigger Control Techniques: Effectively use burst control (consistent 2-3 rd burst) from a variety of shooting positions.
• Accuracy Assessment: Techniques used to quickly acquire and access a lethal threat then engage in automatic fire accurately.
At the end of the course students will be required to successfully pass the same qualifier used by law enforcement agencies. A certificate of training is awarded to those students who complete and pass the course and exhibit competence and safe gun handling skills. This class is open to the general public but class size is limited to the first 10 students to successfully register.
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Trail Glades Range
Course Fee: $295 includes use of an MP5
• Handgun (semi-auto or revolver)
• A suitable strong side holster (holster must provide positive retention so the firearm does not fall out)
• Minimum 3 extra magazines or speed loaders / speed strips (10 Rounds or more)
• 1000 rounds of ammunition (9mm)
• Ear protection and wrap around eye protection (Mandatory)
• Long pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt.
• Lightweight clothing and light in color, avoid black (NO tank tops or V-necks)
• Sturdy, closed toe shoes (athletic, hiking, outdoor styled shoes. NO open toe shoes)
• Ball cap or brimmed hat
• Sun screen
• Insect repellent
• Snacks and lunchtime meals
• Adequate water to remain hydrated
• Note Taking materials
• Ammunition can supplied by TFA upon request. Contact us for cost.