1. The credentials enclosed meet the requirements as outlined by Tactical Firearms Academy, Inc., (Hereinafter TFA), and that I positively identify myself as the same person certified in the credentials that I am presenting with the application.
2. TFA’s range operations/staff depend upon the careful control of deadly weapons by each student, and if at any time during the course my cooperation and/or my behavior is not deemed satisfactory, at the sole discretion of the TFA staff, my participation will be terminated and I will immediately leave the training premises.
3. I will strictly abide by any and all safety procedures/instructions from TFA, and that I agree to sign a Release and Indemnification Agreement releasing TFA from any and all liability for any injury, including death, I may cause or sustain during the training program.
4. I am currently at least 18 years of age.
5. My only purpose for seeking the training, which I have requested TFA provide to me, is so that I may be better prepared to provide lawful service(s) to my employer or in performing lawful acts for my own benefit or use.
6. I consent to having TFA verify my identity and/or background.
7. The total of the course fee is due upon registration. Ammunition purchase will be due prior to the beginning of class.
HIV BLOOD AND BODILY FLUIDS DISCLAIMER
It is possible that, unknowingly or otherwise, you will train with someone who is HIV POSITIVE or that you may be exposed to bleeding or body fluids in the training area. There is no way to predict or entirely prevent this. You agree to follow the safety procedures as explained in this programs safety briefing and safety rules at all times during the course when dealing with blood and/or any bodily fluids; you also agree to keep any open wounds covered and to immediately notify the instructors of any injuries you may suffer during training, or any injuries you may witness.
I have read the above section on blood and body fluids, and I specifically acknowledge and accept all risks to which I may be exposed in receiving this defensive training. By signing below I assert that :
1. I am presently in good physical and mental health;
2. I have no reason to believe that I am not in good physical and mental health;
3. I am fully aware of and agree to assume all risk of injury inherent in my participation in this training program;
4. I have read and understand the safety rules; and I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this Application
• I certify that I am a citizen, or legal resident, of the United States of America.
• I certify that I have no criminal convictions and that I am not currently under indictment or prosecution for any offense, and I am not wanted for questioning or arrest by any law enforcement or government agency.
• I further certify that I have no history of mental illness or substance abuse.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS – RELEASE OF CLAIMS – INDEMNIFICATION
You, (the Student or You) agree that your participation in the training, and your use of any of the training facilities, shall be at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, You assume all responsibility and risk for any damage or injury, including death, that may occur to you as a student of Tactical Firearms Academy, Inc., (hereinafter TFA), during the course of instruction, (hereinafter referred to as the small arms course) while attending classes, participating in range practice or exercises, at any facility or location, or while you are present at any training facility or location, due to the negligence of TFA or any other person or entity.
In consideration of being accepted as a student in the small arms course, the Student, himself, herself, or his or her spouse, legal representative, heirs, and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, hereby release, waive and forever discharge TFA, it’s officers, employees, agents, consultants, representatives, directors, successors and assigns, and the owners of the range or training facilities for any and all loss, damage, and any claims for damages resulting there from, on account of any injury to Student or property, even injury resulting in death of the Student, whether caused by or arising out of Students voluntary presence, participation and use of the facilities, premises, firing ranges, equipment (including firearms and ammunition) during the small arms course practice or exercise or while Student is present at any TFA training facility or location.
The Student further agrees to indemnify TFA from any loss, liability, damage or cost that TFA may incur due to the presence and activity of the Student in the use of firearms whether caused by negligence of TFA or otherwise.
Further, the undersigned Student acknowledges that she/he has read and has fully understood the Application, including all sub-parts and Disclaimers, the Training Rules, and all rules and regulations, and/or instructions dealing with the small arms course and that Student has received instructions on the use of firearms and agrees to comply with all of these rules, regulations and instructions and to follow any additional instructions, written or verbal, that she/he may receive from the instructor(s) or other persons present and in authority, representing TFA.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TFA, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your participation in the course; (ii) your violation of any applicable law(s); (iii) any personal injuries, or damage to personal or real property caused by you; (iv) our resolution (if any) of any dispute you may have relevant to the small arms course; (v) your improper use or handling of any firearm.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, none of the indemnified persons are liable to You or any other person for indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary, special, statutory, or consequential damages, or any other losses. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event will the aggregate liability to you of the indemnified persons exceed, in total, the amounts paid by you to us.
You agree that TFA shall be deemed solely based in Florida and that the Application and all attachments thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. In case of any litigation, Student hereby agrees and consents to submit to the jurisdiction of the state courts in the State of Florida and waives any and all objections thereto. Furthermore, Student hereby consents and agrees to venue in Broward County, Florida and waives any and all objections thereto.
YOU AND TFA AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO THIS APPLICATION, OR ARISING OUT OF STUDENTS PARTICIPATION IN THE TRAINING COURSE, INCLUDING ANY SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION, OR CLAIM MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
A. Rendering the weapon safe
• Always point the weapon in a safe direction.
• SAFETY ON (if applicable).
• Magazine removed.
• Bolt, slide, cocking lever to the rear.
• Visually and physically inspect the chamber.
B. Main Safety Rules
•Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
•Never point any firearm at anything or anyone you do not intend to shoot, or in a direction where a negligent discharge may do harm.
•Never place your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
•Be sure of your target, backstop and beyond.
C. Safety Requirements and Procedures
• Wrap around eye protection is MANDATORY at all times.
• Ear protection is MANDATORY at all times.
• Hats and long sleeve shirts are recommended.
• We are always vigilant for each others safety. Anyone seeing a problem should report it immediately to the instructors. Additionally, anyone may stop an exercise if they see a problem.
• Report any and all injuries to the instructors immediately
• AT NO TIME is a participant allowed to leave the training area without the instructors knowledge and permission.
• Remember to work at your own pace and not to over-exert yourself.
• Do not enter any unauthorized areas.
• Realistic training is important, however, SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST!
Course fees are due in full at the time of registration. Any student that wishes to pay for a course with cash must first secure the course with a credit card. Upon receipt of cash payment the credit card charge will be reversed.
Tactical Firearms Academy has invested a significant amount of money in our trainers, equipment and facilities as well as going through extraordinary measures to ensure you receive the highest level of training possible. In order to not place an undue burden on Tactical Firearms Academy, it’s staff or resources we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
Course fees are fully refundable if the course is cancelled by Tactical Firearms Academy.
If you (student) cancel more than 14 days prior to course start date – course fee is fully refundable
If you (student) cancel more than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to course start date – 50% of the course fee is refundable
If you (student) cancel 7 days or less prior to course start date – coure fee is non-refundable