Tactical Pistol II is geared toward the Intermediate level shooter while building on the skill and abilities developed in the Tactical Pistol I course.
Students will be required to pass a shooting qualification so successfully complete the course. A certificate of training is awarded to those students who complete and pass the course and exhibit competence and safe gun handling skills.
As a prerequisite to this course you must have
taken and passed Tactical Pistol I
within one year of registering for this course.
Contact us for additional details.
NOTE: Only US citizens will be allowed to participate in any of the TACTICAL FIREARMS ACADEMY firearm courses. A valid picture ID will be required to enroll in all classes.
Tactical Pistol II Course Outline
- Injured man drills
- Close Contact shooting
- Shooting positions kneeling and prone
- Forward/rearward/lateral movement
- Seoul positions
- Tactical “L” movement
- Distance shooting
- Barricades (strong & support side), stand, kneel, prone
- Corning drill (#2 position)
- Qualifier (timed)
- 5/5/5 Standing Kneeling Standing
- Muzzle discipline
- 360 safety circles
- Handgun (semi-auto or revolver)
- A suitable, strong-side OWB or thigh rig holster (holster must provide positive retention so the firearm does not fall out) hard plastic or Kydex type holster. NO IWB holsters are permitted for this course.
- Minimum 3 HI CAP or 5 Single stack magazines or speed loaders / speed strips (10 Rounds or more)
- Magazine Holster/Pouch to hold ALL magazines (can be 2 doubles or 4 singles, if using 4 magazines total. This is a minimum requirement)
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Ear protection and wrap around eye protection (Mandatory)
- Long pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt. NO YOGA PANTS
- Lightweight clothing and light in color, avoid black (NO tank tops or V-necks)
- Sturdy, closed toe shoes (athletic, hiking, outdoor styled shoes. NO open toe shoes)
- Spare batteries for sights and tools for sight adjustment
- Ball cap or brimmed hat
- Sun screen
- Insect repellent
- Snacks and lunchtime meals
- ONE GALLONS of water per person (min) or other liquids to remain hydrated
- Note Taking Materials
- Weapons and/or ammunition can supplied by TFA upon request
- Weapon rental prices listed above. Contact us for ammo cost or other equipment
Tactical Pistol II
- Duration: 9 hours